TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
SERVE WITH ARUGULA, SQUID AND WHITE BEAN AND RADISH WITH UMAMI DRESSING
- egg fettuccine – 9 oz
- heavy cream – 1/2 c
- butter – 1/2 stick, in chunks
- Parmigiano-Reggiano – 1/3 c, grated
- Add fettuccine to boiling salted water
- While pasta is cooking, place a heavy skillet over medium-low heat and bring butter and cream to a simmer
- When fettuccine is al dente, reserve 1/2 c water and drain pasta
- Add pasta, cheese and 1/4 c reserved water to skillet and toss to coat. Salt and pepper to taste, add additional pasta water if needed. Serve immediately.
This modified classic pesto recipe substitutes arugula for basil, resulting in a sauce that’s less sweet and has a little bite. Since arugula is a cool weather crop and basil grows in the heat of summer, this recipe is best used in spring and fall to make the most of seasonal produce. Serve arugula pesto on pasta, poultry, fish or bread – it’s delicious on damn near anything.
TOTAL TIME: 10 MINUTES
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: food processor
Continue reading Arugula Pesto
Southern Giant Mustard
An afternoon snack: wilted mustard, garlic, lemon, parmigiano